Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Provider
Through the ACLS course, healthcare providers will enhance their skills in the treatment of the adult victim of a cardiac arrest or other cardiopulmonary emergencies. ACLS emphasizes the importance of basic life support CPR to patient survival; integration of effective basic life support with advanced cardiovascular life support interventions; and the importance of effective team interaction and communication during resuscitation.
This two-day offering is suitable for emergency, intensive care, or critical care healthcare providers such as physicians, nurses, respiratory therapists, paramedics, and other professionals who may need to respond to cardiovascular emergencies who currently do not hold a current ACLS Provider card.
You can renew your BLS Card for an additional $20 (optional in the materials section)
How to Get Ready
The ACLS Provider Course is designed to teach you the lifesaving skills required to be both a team member and a team leader in either an in-hospital or an out-of-hospital setting. Because the ACLS Provider Course covers extensive material in a short time, you will need to prepare for the course beforehand.
You should prepare for the course by doing the following:
- Complete the precourse preparation checklist that came with your ACLS Provider Manual. Bring the checklist with you to the course.
- Review the course agenda.
- Review and understand the information in your ACLS Provider Manual. Pay particular attention to the 10 cases in Part 5.
- The resuscitation scenarios require that your BLS skills and knowledge are current. You will be tested on 1-rescuer adult CPR and AED skills at the beginning of the ACLS Provider Course. You must know this in advance since you will not be taught how to do CPR or how to use an AED.
- Review, understand and complete the ECG and Pharmacology Precourse Self-Assessment on the Student Website (www.heart.org/eccstudent). You will not be taught how to read or interpret ECGs in the course, nor will you be taught details about ACLS pharmacology.
- Print your scores for the Pre-course Self-Assessment and bring them with you to class.
The 2020 ACLS Provider Manual is mandatory for this course and can be used on the written exam. Please make sure to bring a book to class with you. If you purchase a book through us, it will be mailed to the shipping address provided on your registration. Shipping fees are included in the cost. You do not have to purchase a book through us, but you must have a copy with the current 2020 guidelines that you can use during and after the course. If you do not bring a book with you to class, you will be asked to purchase one.
|ECC Spiral Handbook||35.00|
|BLS Recognition (You MUST have a current BLS card)||20.00|
|2020 ACLS Provider Manual + shipping (REQUIRED)||52.00|
|ACLS Provider Agenda||ACLS Provider Agenda...pdf|
|ACLS Student Letter||2020 ACLS Student Le...pdf|