Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Provider
The American Heart Association Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support course is totally redesigned to incorporate new science evidence from the 2015 Guidelines and a new teaching methodology. Through the ACLS course, healthcare providers will enhance their skills in the treatment of the adult victim of a cardiac arrest or other cardiopulmonary emergencies. ACLS empahsizes the importance of basic life support CPR to patient survival; integration of effective basic life support with advanced cardiovascular life support interventions; and the importance of effective team interaction and communication during resuscitation.
This two-day offering is suitable for emergency, intensive care, or critical care healthcare providers such as physicians, nurses, respiratory therapists, paramedics, and other professionals who may need to respond to cardiovascular emergencies who currently do not hold a current ACLS Provider card.
You can renew your BLS Card for an additional $20 (optional in the materials section)
How to Get Ready
The ACLS Provider Course is designed to teach you the lifesaving skills required to be both a team member and a team leader in either an in-hospital or an out-of-hospital setting. Because the ACLS Provider Course covers extensive material in a short time, you will need to prepare for the course beforehand.
You should prepare for the course by doing the following:
- Complete the precourse preparation checklist that came with your ACLS Provider Manual. Bring the checklist with you to the course.
- Review the course agenda.
- Review and understand the information in your ACLS Provider Manual. Pay particular attention to the 10 cases in Part 5.
- The resuscitation scenarios require that your BLS skills and knowledge are current. You will be tested on 1-rescuer adult CPR and AED skills at the beginning of the ACLS Provider Course. You must know this in advance, since you will not be taught how to do CPR or how to use an AED.
- Review, understand, and complete the ECG and Pharmacology Precourse Self-Assessment on the Student Website (www.heart.org/eccstudent). You will not be taught how to read or interpret ECGs in the course, nor will you be taught details about ACLS pharmacology.
- Print your scores for the Pre-course Self-Assessment and bring them with you to class.
*All INHS is completely Tobacco/smoke-free, both indoors and outdoors-for all employees, customers and patients. This includes our parking areas and the vehicles parked there. This covers all tobacco products including e-cigs and chewing tobacco, and extends to everyone - patients, visitors, employees, students and vendors.
|ACLS Provider Manual||47.00|
|ECC Spiral Handbook||35.00|
|BLS Recognition (skills)||20.00|
|ACLS Provider Agenda||ACLS Provider Agenda...pdf|
|ACLS Student Letter||2016 ACLS Student Le...pdf|
|Offering Begins||Sessions||Region - Location||Price|
|3/14/2019 9:00:00 AM||
Spokane - INHS Health Training Facility