Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Renewal
This is for students who have a current American Heart Association ACLS certification card and wish to renew their skills. Since this is a renewal course, it is fast-paced and you should be confident in your ACLS skills. You must have a current AHA ACLS provider card to take the Renewal course.
You can renew your BLS Card for an additional $20 (optional in the materials section)
You should prepare for the course by doing the following:
- Complete the precourse preparation checklist that came with your ACLS Provider Manual. Bring the checklist with you to the course.
- Review the course agenda.
- Review and understand the information in your ACLS Provider Manual. Pay particular attention to the 10 cases in Part 5.
- The resuscitation scenarios require that your BLS skills and knowledge are current. You will be tested on 1-rescuer adult CPR and AED skills at the beginning of the ACLS Provider Course. You must know this in advance since you will not be taught how to do CPR or how to use an AED.
- Review, understand and complete the ECG and Pharmacology Precourse Self-Assessment on the Student Website (www.heart.org/eccstudent). You will not be taught how to read or interpret ECGs in the course, nor will you be taught details about ACLS pharmacology.
- Print your scores for the Pre-course Self-Assessment and bring them with you to class.
An ACLS Provider Manual is mandatory for this course. Please make sure that you bring this to class with you.
|ACLS Provider Manual (Mandatory for all courses)||46.00|
|ECC Spiral Handbook||35.00|
|BLS Recognition (You MUST have a current BLS card)||20.00|
|ACLS Renewal Agenda||ACLS Renewal Agenda.pdf|
|ACLS Student Letter||2020 ACLS Student Le...pdf|