Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) - Provider Initial
The goal of the PALS course is to aid the pediatric healthcare provider in developing the knowledge and skills necessary to efficiently and effectively manage critically ill infants and children, resulting in improved outcomes. Skills taught include recognition and treatment of infants and children at risk for cardiopulmonary arrest; the systematic approach to pediatric assessment, effective respiratory management; defibrillation and synchronized cardioversion; intraosseous access and fluid bolus administration; and effective resuscitation team dynamics.
This two-day course is geared towards physicians, nurses, respiratory therapists, and other healthcare providers who initiate and direct advanced life support in pediatric emergencies.
You can renew your BLS Card for an additional $20 (optional in the materials section)
How to Get Ready
The PALS Provider Course is designed to teach you the lifesaving skills required to be both a team member and a team leader in either an in-hospital or an out-of-hospital setting. Because the PALS Provider Course covers extensive material in a short time, you will need to prepare for the course beforehand.
You should prepare for the course by doing the following:
- Complete the precourse preparation checklist that came with your PALS Provider Manual. Bring the checklist with you to the course.
- Review the course agenda.
- Review the learning station competency checklist located in your PALS Provider Manual.
- Understand the PALS algorithms and flowcharts for the case scenarios in the PALS Provider Manual.
- Complete the PALS Precourse Self-Assessment on PALS ECG rhythm identification, pharmacology, and practical applications. Please print your scores for the Pre-course Self- Assessment and bring them with you to class.
The 2020 PALS Provider Manual is mandatory for this course and can be used on the written exam. Please make sure to bring a book to class with you. If you purchase a book through us, it will be mailed to the shipping address provided on your registration. Shipping fees are included in the cost. You do not have to purchase a book through us, but you must have a copy with the current 2020 guidelines that you can use during and after the course. If you do not bring a book with you to class, you will be asked to purchase one.
|ECC Spiral Handbook||35.00|
|BLS Recognition (You MUST have a current BLS card)||20.00|
|2020 PALS Provider Manual + shipping (REQUIRED)||60.00|
|PALS Provider Agenda||PALS Provider Agenda...pdf|
|PALS Student Letter||2020 PALS Student Le...pdf|