This test will help you determine how many calories your body uses per day; perfect for anyone trying to lose, maintain or gain weight.The MedGem is an easy-to-use, handheld breathing device that accurately measures oxygen consumption (VO2) to determine resting metabolic rate (RMR); the number of calories your body burns at rest. The appointment takes about 20 minutes and is followed by a 20 minute consultation by a Registered Dietitian.
Follow these steps to get the most accurate results from your MedGem Test:
- Do not consume any food for 8 hours prior to your appointment (if you are not fasting we cannot perform the test).
- Do not consume any caffeinated beverages (i.e. coffee, soda, energy drinks, etc.) for 4 hours prior to your appointment.
- Do not perform any strenuous physical exercise (i.e., vigorous running, strength training, etc.) for 4-hours prior to your appointment.
- Abstain from all tobacco products for 1 hour prior to your appointment.
- Continue taking all prescribed medications as indicated.
Fasting is required. Do not eat or drink anything other than water for 8 hours before your appointment.
|Riverpoint Campus Map||Riverpoint Map Revis...pdf|
|CW Refund Policy||Refund Policy.pdf|